Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Whew... and THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry the blog has been a bit on hold this week (I meant to write and post this monday). I'll freely admit that I have been putting all my 'free' time into sewing for PR&P... you know that free time I have between taking care of three kiddos, taking and editing photos for clients, and trying to keep the house from getting buried under the ever growing pile of laundry. Ahhhhh, luxurious FREE TIME ;o)
But seriously, I am so happy to be a part of Project Run &Play. I am stretching, and growing, and making friends, and just so happy to be involved!


This is where I get a little sappy:
THANK YOU 
-thank you to every friend, family member, and follower who took the time to not only look at baby girl's wolfie outfit, but also vote for it.
-Thank you for all of the AMAZING comments that you left on the blog encouraging me through the weekend.
-Thank you for your e-mails and stories and comments from your kiddos.
-Thank you for walking with me on this journey; however long the road may be.

Last weekend was nerve wrecking as I tried to spread the word to family and friends to vote for me while trying not to look at the results (every five minutes ;op).  By Saturday I realized I was dead last in the people's vote and finally forced myself to STOP looking at the votes... the voting is 50/50 - half the score coming from the people's vote and half coming from the judges.  It was out of my hands and I wasn't going to change anything by staring at numbers.  But here is the thing that really hit me on Saturday... I don't have 150 followers, I don't have 150 friends and family members who would vote  for me on a sewing competition, I WAS getting part of the public vote.  People were voting for ME, not because they know me or are related to me, but because they liked what I made.  WOW, just WOW!!!
I also had some amazing encouragement from some of the other competitors (this is seriously an amazing group of women!!!)

Shannon sent me this verse:
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ


and I stumbled across this quote on FB:
'Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.'~Corrie Ten Boom

I am so excited to share my next look with you all on FRIDAY.  I hope you will all come back to see what I have made and vote for your favorite over at PR&P.  Every single vote counts, and I appreciate every one that I receive!!!

Until then, HUGS!

2 comments:

  1. I had two faves, sorry I ended up voting for the other one, i had to be honest with it, but really regreated when i saw she had so much more votes than you. if i could i would have changed my vote. i really didn't want to see u out of the competition, so i'm glad the juries saved you.=) keep the great job.

    ReplyDelete