Friday, January 23, 2015

Girls Bundle UP! And the Release of the Phresh Blazer

Well the new year has definitely been kicked off with a busy start!  Between getting back from an awesome vacation to visit family in South Carolina, putting the boys back on 'School Schedule', preparing for the Bundle UP! Sale and working on my next women's pattern; there are times when there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day.

But today is such an exciting day because the BundleUP! sale has launched, and in it is my first full size range pattern for girls (my first girls pattern is the free Petit Pan available in just size 2-4).  I took a bit of a leap on this one, jumping into girls pattern drafting with a fitted and tailored blazer - but this pattern is just so ME!!!!!!!!!  Luckily I've had a while to work on it and get it just right.  In the Bundle process you have to submit your design idea over two months in advance - so to say I've been sitting on this secret for a while is no understatement.

But now I get to share the Phresh Blazer!!!!!!!


I love outerwear - I've know that since my very first time sewing along with PR&P, we hit 'personal style' week and I had no clue at the time what my personal style was, but I knew I was making a jacket.  So the Phresh Blazer is my graduation into KNOWING what my personal style is.  It is clean, tailored, detail oriented, and filled with fun options and a great fit.  I am a classic girl with a modern twist - and I promise to keep bringing patterns that fit this style to the market!


The Phresh Blazer is a fitted jacket designed for stretch wovens.  It has options of 3/4 or long sleeves in a gathered or straight style.  The Ruffles on the back add a girly flair, but are also optional.  And what jacket is complete without some pockets!?!?  So there are optional welt pockets as well.



Girl Charlee provided the phenomenal Rose Pink Vegan Leather (aka pleather) for the cover photos and instructions - THANK YOU!!!!  This is a great light weight leather that drapes, shapes, and sews beautifully.  Be careful with your top stitching though - you will want to use a walking foot, silicone foot, tissue paper, or the scotch tape trick to make sure your fabric can feed smoothly and evenly.

This image sums up my elation over the final product of this pattern - a child like dancing and twirling in the sun:

My testers were amazing and I am so thankful for them!

Check out more tester images HERE!

Check out all the patterns in the BundleUP! Collection, and make sure to check out the stops of the BundleUP! Tour.


3 comments:

  1. Suzanne! That is so awesome! You are really rocking that pattern design now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww - thank you so much, I feel like I am coming into my own ;o)

      Delete
  2. You already know how much I love this pattern, don't you?! And I just finished my second today, in faux leather with a twist... Also, I just realised my blog's name is misspelled, on the tour image. Estrela has only one L.

    ReplyDelete